Monday 5 February 2007

The Adventures Of Emo-Boy!



I found this in Waterstones at Piccadilly, and the title just made me laugh so hard that I knew I'd have to put it on the site: "Emo Boy: Nobody Cares About Anything Anyway, So Why Don't We All Just Die?"



Here's the Amazon synopsis:

"Poor Emo Boy - he's unpopular, unloved and has no family. Not only does he need to deal with things like pondering suicide and questioning his sexual identity, but he's also got these emo super powers that only seem to bring destruction and disaster, causing everyone to hate him more than they already do."

Isn't that the ultimate emo superpower? The power to make your life even worse?

And as well as the usual poetry-writing, unrequited love, and "Nobody understands me" traumas of the average teenager:

" His first love suffers a head explosion, the football team wants him dead and he got an F in English. No wonder, he's so depressed!"

I think it sounds like a brilliant satire of the state of the nation's youth.And bloody funny.

No comments:

Visit my Internet Rainbow