Friday 12 January 2007

The Killers, especially pour moi!

Dear reader, you may have seen the plethora of gorgeous photographs of The Killers live in Paris, and now I have finally got my acvt together and found some videos.Also, (ripped from a forum as I have no time to write a more detailed account) is a short description of the night...

Just got back from seeing The Killers at the Bataclan, Paris.

Brakes were supporting, at first I was a little disappointed that it wasn't Howling Bells, but the singer's attempts to communicate with the french audience were quite sweet, consisting as they did of er, it was very sunny today, beaucoup de soliel! And Porcupine Or Pineapple was a winner.

And The Killers, well, what can I say...
Just amazing.And everything I'd read about Flowers being a shy frontman was completely disproved.

We'd heard that Glamorous Indie Rock and Roll wasn't on the setlist, as they hadn't played it anywhere else on this tour.
Rather unhappy with this state of affairs, me and my mates started singing it in one of the gaps between songs.And Brandon,wonderful Brandon, looked at us, then down at the floor, then went over to his spangly keyboards and played the intro.He stopped after a minute, cos naturally the band didn't have a clue what he was doing.He went over to Ronnie and spoke to him,and this time they played it,just for us!

After the first encore (when they played not one but three songs) we all started chanting "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier" and they came back and played All These Things That I've Done and Exitlude, then as the lights came up and we all stumbled out,What A Wonderful World came over the PA. A perfect night.

And here is that very special song...



More videos will follow soon!

No comments:

Visit my Internet Rainbow